Staying Safe In The Workplace
We have an obligation to ensure that your health safety and welfare is protected at all times at your place of work.
We recognise there is a legal and moral responsibility to ensure all reasonable precautions are taken to provide and maintain a working environment for contractors which is safe, without risk to health, and complies with all statutory requirements and codes of practice.
Compliance from all parties working together can accomplish to maintain a working environment that is safe and without risk to health.
- Comply with all statutory OH&S requirements.
- Be aware of your OH&S responsibilities.
- Stay informed on all matters concerning your own safety in the workplace by reading all information provided by the employer.
- Ensure you comply with the Clients safety policies and procedures.
- It is your responsibility to take care in the workplace by avoiding taking risks and obeying any reasonable instructions regarding health & safety in performing your daily duties.
- It is your responsibility that your actions do not adversely affect your co-workers.
Reporting Accidents, Incidents & Injuries
All Work Health Safety related incidents should be reported, including incidents in the workplace that have resulted in injury to an employee, those with the potential to cause injury and any bullying or harassment issues.
- Report all workplace incidents and injuries on the same day they occur for insurance purposes.
- Notify your workplace manager on the same day of the occurrence.
- Inform us on the same day of the incident.
- Consult a doctor to obtain a Work Cover medical certificate and arrange treatment if required.
- Participate and cooperate in the development of a return to work plan
- Make all reasonable efforts to return to work as soon as possible.
Response in an emergency may be lifesaving be aware of;
- All warnings and evacuation procedures
- Locations of all exits, fire equipment alarms and first- aid kits.
Please ensure you report the following when appropriate:
- Report any danger or hazard or potential risk to the designated person at your place of work.
- Changes of your duties that has an impact on your health & safety to us.
- Any change of location or transfer to another place of work to us.
- Inform us when OH&S induction has not taken place at a new client site.